Friends of WPC Nepal has been supporting the Women’s Protection Center Safe Home in Hetauda, Nepal. When rescued women, girls and minors are brought to the Women’s Protection Center in Nepal, they first try to find their family and reunite them. Most of the time, they are not accepted by the family and the communities, in such cases transitional housing is provided at the center along with case management and other resources. However, it is so challenging to meet all the needs of the survivors because of the limited resources and space the current center has.
It is very important to provide a safe and secured environment for the survivors to open up their heart and trust. The center has highly trained professionals to handle all situations with/for the survivors. They offer long-term care and comprehensive support services that keep survivors stabilized as they progress to independent living. It’s nurturing and superior care of clients set the highest of standards.
Some of the services the Women’s Protection Center safe house offers:
- Safe house for survivors and their children.
- Safe and homelike environment.
- House parent and case management.
- Advocacy based counseling.
- Tutoring and educational development.
- Space for the vocational training, skill development and income generating programs.