Volunteer with Friends of WPC Nepal in the U.S.
Be an Agent of Healing, Restoration, and Empowerment
There are all sorts of ways you can use your gifts, talents, and compassion to make a huge impact on kids and women who depend on the Women’s Protection Center in Nepal.
You can help with fundraising, organizing, coordinating people, creating art, acquiring gifts and donated items, speaking, advocating, and activating your network. There is something for everyone.
If you want to help –
Email us today and let’s talk about what you can do! email@example.com
Who We Are
WPC Nepal is an organization in Hetauda, Nepal that rescues women and kids from human trafficking, abuse, poverty, and neglect. We then give them a safe place to live, education, and the self-confidence to completely overcome the injustice and trauma they suffered.
Friends of WPC Nepal is the U.S. 501(c)3 nonprofit that supports the one in Nepal. We’re based in Seattle, Washington.
5 Ways to Volunteer with Friends of WPC Nepal
1) Office help – interns and more
Our office always has more to do than we have time for. If you’ve got a talent for anything in the office, we want to meet you!
Internships also available – we frequently work with college interns and you will get terrific experience while making a huge difference in the world.
2) Annual Gala Volunteers
We run an annual event called Hope for Freedom. It’s our busiest time of year (usually in September), and it takes at least 50 people to make it a success.
We need committed helpers in the months and weeks leading up to the big day, and many more on the day itself. Short and long term opportunities abound!
A few of our greatest needs for the Annual Gala:
- Finding business sponsors for the event (even if it’s just your own company – we’ll help you present our event to your company’s decision-makers)
- Procuring auction items in the months beforehand – join the auction committee
- Finding volunteers for the day of the event. Are you a connector? This job is for you!
- Helping on the day of the Gala. All kinds of people are needed to make this work – greeters, registration table staff, auction runners, spotters, raffle sales (the most fun job!), and so much more depending on the venue
- Preparing for the silent auction – it’s a lot of work in the days right before the event. Come have fun with a group of like-minded organizers and display artists
3) Grant writer
Do you have a talent for writing grants? It’s a special skillset. But if that’s you, we want to talk.
4) One-time and short-term volunteers
In addition to the Gala, we do other community outreach and fun events now and then. The best way to hear about these is to subscribe to our newsletter. When you hear about something cool coming up like a movie premier, a Paint-n-Pint, or a holiday event, you can be on our list of people to call.
5) Fundraise for us – Become a Friends of WPC Ambassador
If you’ve got a passion for fighting human trafficking, empowering women, and helping kids escape poverty and abuse, don’t settle for just doing something for a day and moving on. Let Nepal’s kids and women into your heart, and start advocating for them.
Being an Ambassador means you will do things like:
- Help us fundraise by tapping into your own networks
- Hold a small fundraising event
- Run a limited time Facebook or other online campaign
- Do presentations about human trafficking and poverty in places where you have influence
- Raise awareness in other ways
If you want to become an Ambassador, please contact Nicole Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Volunteer for Friends of WPC Nepal
Email us at email@example.com and we’ll get in touch about your next steps
Other Ways to Help and Stay Connected
Get on our newsletter so you don’t miss out about fun events and ways to help, like Paint n Pint!